metering days 2018 - MTG presents current security product portfolio
Once again, this year, the "metering days" focused on value-added services that use the smart meter gateway as a secure communication end point in the home.
Before deciding on a specific application / business model, important strategic questions, in particular from a security point of view, must be clarified in advance:
- As an active EMT, how can I operate all my various value-added applications and end devices as uniformly, cost-effectively and compliantly as possible in the long term?
- How does my sales department manage to implement business models quickly and as independently as possible?
- How do I fulfil my legal obligation under the MsbG if an EMT outside the company demands authorized SMGW access at an "appropriate fee"?
- What is my certification strategy for the active EMT?
- How do I manage to get existing and successful value-added services and technologies "SMGW-Ready"?
- Can I use an existing headend system in the right way?
These and many other questions were discussed with us at the Metering Days and appropriate MTG security solutions were demonstrated "live". A real "highlight" was our live demo board with the MTG Mehrwert-Konnektor (MTG value-added connector) and the matching MTG value-added module TCP/IP, based on the Theben CLS plug-in module. We were able to show how it is possible to connect completely different value-added applications / end devices via a central SMGW with little configuration effort and unique participation of the GWA.