Our Public key Infrastructure (PKI)
MTG CARA is a is a flexible and configurable, multitenant CA system for a certificate-based and thus highly secure and confidential communication via the Internet. A Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) is required for the production, use and management of certificates. MTG CARA covers the entirety of the functions for the issuing, distribution and testing of digital X.509 CV certificates. All functions of a Registration Authority are already integrated.
Since 2005, MTG CARA has been successfully operating in a leading Trust Center with millions of issued certificates and a large number of applications, as well as a Root-CA for the new ID card.
MTG CARA supports standardised interfaces such as SOAP, SCEP, LDAP and OCSP. As a result, the security functions can be integrated flexibly and seamlessly into corporate or agency procedures. Automation and the increase in efficiency of business processes are the pleasant result. Therefore, together with its high scalability and performance, MTG CARA is the system of choice for going from “small” to “large”, from an enterprise solution through to the Trust Center operation.
Main features of MTG CARA
- Portability through Java, Web technologies and standardised protocols
- Modular design allows fast, low-cost customising
- Special rights and roles concept to map your organisational structure
- Activation of various signers (soft-PSE, chip card, network-HSM)
- Multitenant capability through virtual CAs
- Management of large volumes of certificates by the domain concept
- Central administration and centralised logging
- Certificate format X.509, CV, AC
- Certificate types CA, mail, SSL, router, etc.
- XML templates for certificate profiles
- Revocation lists via LDAP and HTTP
- Synchronous certificate management
- XML export for CRM, billing, statistics, etc.
- Interfaces documentation
- Custom layout/design
- Scalable from a single-server solution up to the operation of a Trust Center
Certificate-based solutions can be used in many ways. The main uses include authentication of users, as well as the signing and encrypting of data and messages. In the future market of machine-to-machine communication as well, machine-to-machine specific devices can be authenticated and controlled safely via the Internet (e.g. Smart Meter Gateway according to BSI TR-03109). With MTG CARA, the development, integration and management of your individual PKI is quick, easy and cost effective.
Our experts are there to offer detailed advice on all issues regarding the usage and implementation of MTGs Public Key Infrastructure solution MTG CARA within your company.